Office Manager for Non-profit Buddhist Center and Publishing Firm
Dechen Ling Press is located in the Fremont District of Seattle, Washington. It is a branch of Dechen Ling Buddhist Center, a nonprofit that was founded in 1999 by Gen Lobsang Choephel and Losang Tsering (David Gonsalez).
We are seeking an experienced office manager for a part-time position for approximately 20 hours a week.
Your Responsibilities include:
- Receiving and fulfilling book orders
- Responding to product inquires via email and phone
- Working with staff on current and future publications
- Maintaining the membership and mailing list database
- Responding to general emails, letters, and phone calls
- Providing general office assistance such as copying, filing, and data entry
- Creating both printed and digital adds as well as other promotional materials
- Maintaining a dynamic and professional social media presence
Your Minimum Qualifications:
Since we are a Tibetan Buddhist Center and Publishing Firm, some experience with Tibetan Buddhism would be required. A familiarity with the types of material we publish would also be highly beneficial. Other qualifications include:
- Prior administrative, reception, and clerical experience
- Experience with, or a desire to learn about, nonprofit structure
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills with an ability to efficiently handle multiple tasks
- Experience in creating promotional materials
- Ability to professionally use social media sites such as Facebook
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
Our Work Environment Here:
Dechen Ling/ Dechen Ling Press is in a residential area with a quiet and scenic environment. You will be working with Losang Tsering (David Gonsalez) on a nearly daily basis with your own private work space located in the shrine room.
For those interested in deepening his or her Tibetan Buddhist practice, this is also an outstanding opportunity to gain first-hand experience of the intricacies of the tantric lineage by working closely with Losang Tsering in preparing for various rituals and retreats, conducting teachings, and so forth. As an added benefit, the office manager will have unlimited access to all the teachings and events provided by Dechen Ling Buddhist Center.
Your Compensation & Start Date:
This position is available mid January 2014. $15-18 hourly, depending on qualifications.
Please submit a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com for consideration.